Sunday, March 2, 2014

Buffalo Balls

That's right, I said it: buffalo balls. I know this sounds totally incongruous for a blog called Lez Be Vegan, so take my hand and let me show you the magic of these spicy, tangy falafels.


I've already gone on at length about my obsession with chickpeas and cauliflower, but one thing that may not be immediately obvious is how much I like spicy food. Polish people are not known for their love of chili peppers - herbs like dill and parsley are much more the Motherland's speed - yet somehow my entire family ended up on the capsaicin bandwagon and routinely enjoy searing off our tastebuds with various curries and soups. Living in Thailand for 2 years only fueled this fire (get it??), and now I'm left disappointed if my food doesn't make me cry a little bit.

So, what could possibly be better than chickpeas or cauliflower or chili peppers? Chickpeas AND cauliflower AND chili peppers, of course! Today's falafel recipe combines all of these delicious ingredients for an amazingly high-protein, low-fat, vitamin-packed dish that I am 100% in love with. Homemade buffalo sauce is shockingly easy to make, so you can adjust the type of hot sauce you use for different flavors and levels of spice - you could even leave it out if that's not your jam, and just enjoy the crisp, fluffy falafels themselves.

Fiery little morsels.

Normally I write out my recipes here, but this time I feel like there's no way I could possibly match the literary genius of the original so I will send you on your way to Thug Kitchen, which is hilarious and delicious and as NSFW as a food blog can possibly be. Of course, I would be remiss if I didn't leave you with some photos to tempt you, so peruse at will and then get your ass into the kitchen!

Hi I love you. 

Teeny cauliflower grains.

Can't go wrong with a little extra avocado.


2 comments: