Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Don't Get It Twisted

I was so skeptical about my ability to pull off these Pretzel Bites. I don't know why, but the idea of cooking with yeast totally freaked me out and I was certain that I'd end up with rock-hard dough bites that no one wanted to eat. Wrong! 


I attribute my success to the easy peasy recipe more than anything else, but these turned out delightfully puffy and soft. I coated half of this batch with cinnamon sugar, and the other half with nutritional yeast, garlic, and oregano. It was really difficult deciding which ones were tastier - I was simply forced to eat a dozen and still couldn't make up my mind.


A disclaimer: these are more like tiny dinner rolls than pretzels since you don't boil the dough before baking it, but if you douse them in enough delicious dust, I promise no one will be able to tell the difference!



The recipe over at Averie Cooks leaves nothing to be desired (the woman suggests dipping your pretzel bites in chocolate...I like her), so enjoy the photos and click here to create your own magical pretzel creations!






No comments:

Post a Comment