Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Gingerbread Balls

Merry almost Christmas, friends! I know you've all probably inhaled an unreasonable amount of cookies already this holiday season, but on the off chance that you're still looking for a sweet fix, I present you with these delectable Gingerbread Balls.


My wonderful mama had these waiting for me when I arrived in California for the holidays and they were SO good. Crispy on the outside, impossibly fluffy on the inside, and radiating a spicy holiday smell. Now, you can absolutely make gingerbread people with these (non-heteronormative and non-binary gender, of course), or you can do what I did and go straight for the balls. They're quicker and softer that way! Lolz.


Click on over to the always magnificent Minimalist Baker blog for this awesome recipe. I added 1/4 teaspoon each of cloves and allspice for even more fragrant magic, and opted out of frosting in favor of a light dusting of powdered sugar, but you do you. I also used a store-bought gluten-free flour, but think these gingerbread balls would probably work out fine with regular flour - if you give it a shot, let me know!

Almond butter and five different spices - can't go wrong.  

Slower than molasses. 

Gluten-free goodness.  

Ready for baking! 


No comments:

Post a Comment